GWS Anderson Scout Park
The G.W.S. Anderson Scout Park at Officer
is owned by the Scout Association
Equipment, Events, Fascilities, etc.
- Gas bottles
- 20 Canoes Single , Double Kayaks , Canadian
- 4 Rafts
- 2 Rubber Ducks
- Tents 2 man
- 3 Marquee's
- 12 Mountain Bikes
- Canoe Trailer 6 - 8 units carrying capacity
- Equipment Trailer 6' x 4'
- Billy Cart Derby
- On GWS " Loch Lowe " Fishing Day - Learn to Fish with Pakenham Angling Club
- Mountain Bike Course - tracks 1 , 2 or 3 4 hour Mt Bike
- Endurance Race - Victorian Scouts
- On GWS " Loch Lowe " Regatta
- Master Moutain Bikes course
- Centre Complex
Parade Ground with seating for 120 plus - 3 flag flag pole - town water on site
Parade Ground 13th Malvern site Flag pole - town water on site
Enclosed Shelter on site 10' x 10'
Shelter Igloos (2)
Billy Cart Derby Totem Pole
Stone Hedge Memorial Poles
- Eastern Complex
Education Class Room A
Education Class Room B
Bird Hides on " Loch Lowe "
Grassed Car Park area 60 cars
Loch Lowe Lake and Haunted Gully creek area
Park Directory Signboard
Jetty on " Loch Lowe "
Island Bridge on " Loch Lowe "
Memorial Flag Pole Area
Wardens Residence site
- Northern Complex
Hall with Kitchen facilities 72' x 30'
Bunk house 60' x 30' 7 rooms / 40 bunks being fitted out
Enclosed shelter shed 10' x 10'
Toilet / Shower block M & F
- Southern Complex
Chalet with kitchen facilities and open fire place , heating , power & water
Machinery sheds ( 2 )
Toilet / Shower block M & F H/Water Can handle 300 persons
Administration Buildings ( 2 ) 20' x 40'
- Security Cameras are in operation
- Water supply from Melbourne Water
- Power available on selected sites
- Car Parking - Grassed area's approx 300 spaces
- Challenge Couse with flying fox being constructed
- Outdoor Chapel with Alter , Font and seating for 120 ( Est 1932 )
- Lake " Loch Lowe " - approx 4 acre's of Lake and creek area
- Mt Bike tracks - approx 7 kilometers - International Accredited
- Parade Grounds
a. grassed area with seating for approx 125
b. grassed area 13th Malvern Scout Group site
- Nature / Waking tracks / trails - 7 kilometer's
- Water Activities
Training Courses Available
- Chain Saw 1, 2 and 3 (TAFE OHS)
- Community Service
- First Aid
- Mountain Biking
- Water Activities
- B P Award activities
- Duke of Edinborough Award Activities
- Queen Scout Award activities